At Salisbury Behavioral Health, LLC, Empowering adults with behavioral health disorders is key to promoting recovery with independence and dignity. Our goal is to work in partnership with individuals to empower him or her to make choices, attain life goals, build relationships, and participate within their community in the most integrated and independent manner possible. We focus on an individual’s strengths and values while providing person-centered services that are culturally competent, flexible, coordinated and accountable. While the recovery process is unique to everyone, we treat our clients with respect, dignity, courtesy and equality. For adults facing serious and complex challenges, Salisbury Behavioral Health provides the supports individuals and their families need to reach success.
We are currently searching for a qualified Recovery Support Practitioner to join our dynamic team of experienced professionals. As a Mental Health Worker/ Recovery Support Practitioner you will assist individuals receiving services with daily living skills, social activities, community integration, self-determination, and the transition to independence.
Responsibilities & Duties:
• Provide counseling and guidance to individuals to effectively deal with problems and develop positive relationships.
• Provide support and guidance to individuals to engage in social and leisure activities and to develop/strengthen problem solving skills. Accompany and monitor individuals on community trips and appointments.
• Aid individuals with daily activities, personal care activities, cooking, and other household responsibilities.
• Document behaviors of individuals receiving services in daily report log and weekly progress note.
• Perform vital checks and report medical issues to nursing staff.
• Ensure a clean, safe and homelike environment with the assistance of housekeeping personnel.
• Encourage individuals to participate in social and leisure activities to develop and strengthen problem solving skills.
• Ensuring the health safety and welfare of the individuals
Qualification & Skills:
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Six months of working experience in the Mental Health Field
• Valid Driver’s License
• Ability to perform crisis intervention techniques, including verbal and physical redirection and guidance of potentially physically aggressive individuals during crisis situations.
Eligible Salisbury Behavioral Health Employees will receive:
• Competitive pay, benefits (Medical, dental, vision, available to full time staff)
• Employee discount program
• 401 k options and accrued time off.
Salisbury Behavioral Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.